Wednesday 17 October 2007

Baby Steps 3, 4, 5 and 6 - Hotspots.

Baby Steps 3, 4, and 5 are things about thinking and reading. While I understand changing your thought patterns is very important, I don't want to stop when I am on a roll, so fast forwarding to step number 6 as it's the next step to physical work within the house.

Flylady recommends sticking post-it notes around the house to remind you to do things, but personally I don't want to add to the messy look of the house and am quite good at remembering my daily routines:

Get dressed to my laces, check my calendar for the next day, lay my clothes out for the next day, shine my sink and go to bed at a reasonable hour.

The next thing to add to the routine, baby step # 6 is Hotspots - Flylady points out that there are often areas where people leave things to build up, and if they aren't sorted out, the little hotspot turns into a big raging inferno, so put it out before it gets that chance. Every day just spending 2 minutes on these hotspots apparently makes a difference.

My hotspots are the chair in our entrance hall which gets coats and bags dumped on it, and the kitchen side and table which get paperwork dumped on them. I look forward those little fires fizzling out.

No comments: